- EmpowerYouth Accountability Mentoring Classes (6 -8 week curriculum which includes onboarding)
- A Hand to Hold, Mentoring Program (Continued mentorship for as long as they want)
- At Our Best, College and Career Readiness Prep (Level Up Only 16-18)
Take My Hand Girl (TMHG) is focused on mentorship and facilitating peer-to-peer networking to promote leadership capabilities and personal development across students aged 11 to 18.
Students receive support leading social impact projects and navigating educational choices to drive future career readiness. Workshops, speakers events, and challenges, are all part of our curriculum to target a variety of interests for our youth leaders.
We provide networking and volunteer opportunities while helping students proactively engage with the community to enact positive change.
Our curriculum based in social and emotional learning (SEL) may address:
- Leadership and Communication (thinking, listening, speaking, body language)
- Volunteering and Community Engagement (foster a sense of community by involving them in volunteer opportunities or local initiatives.)
- Academic and Career Guidance (promote educational and school resources)
- Goal Setting and Time Management (set realistic goals and create actionable plans to achieve them)
- Accountability (create a culture of peer support and accountability, where individuals hold each other to high standards and support one another's growth)
- Boundary Setting (knowing the benefits of setting and acknowledging boundaries)
- Creative Expression (encourage artistic expression through activities)
- Self-esteem and Confidence (encouraging them to embrace their uniqueness, develop a positive self-image, and understand their worth)
Our Level One youth leaders will focus on encouraging them to embrace their uniqueness, develop a positive self-image, and understand their worth.
Encouraging the girls to develop leadership skills and effective communication techniques. Teaching them how to express their ideas, advocate for themselves, and work collaboratively with others.
Our Level Up youth leaders will focus on their leadership development, life skills engagement, and interview preparation, and will be provided mentorship to support their career, school or entrepreneurial choices.
We will foster a sense of community by involving them in volunteer opportunities or local initiatives.
We are seeking self-driven students currently ages 11 to 18 who can commit at least 2 hours per month to this program.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis; In School program operates from September through end of school each year. We aim to complement each school year and be a help to students needing additional support. We want to allow time for the Youth Leaders to get acclimated at the start of the school year, and have completed our program before the end of the school year.
Virtual mentoring available all year round..
NOW accepting applications!
Just because the youth leader term has been completed, we do not want them to go their separate ways! We want to encourage a sisterhood or the Youth Leaders for life, inclusive of all cohorts. TMHG fosters a lasting community of changemakers and plans to develop Youth Leaders to become Legacy Leaders for the future of the program.
Through the TMHG program, youth leaders feel more connected and empowered at school and have greater access to opportunities in the community. They learn to lean on each other, for each other, and with each other to weather the storms ahead. Never give up, as there will always be a youth leader there to say, “Take My Hand, Girl”.